Saturday, September 20, 2008

Have Fun, Help Others

If we saw each other and started talking and I asked, "Guess where I was today"? I'll bet Rock Star Challenge wouldn't top your list. That's where I was though.
I did not compete in the event (I still need my kids to practice with me a little bit more before I'm ready to take that show on the road!) but I did get to see and meet many of the people who did. Most were very young, and besides having fun trying to win a real electric guitar; they were helping to do something very special for someone their age. The Rock Star Challenge at the Monroeville Mall benefits the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Many of the young people there used their own ten dollars to register. I spoke with Stephanie from Make-a-Wish, and Mindy from the mall about the event:


Again, you can catch the next Rock Star Challenge to benefit Make-a-Wish on October 11th at Westmoreland Mall. Hope to see you there!
j.

No comments: