Saturday, May 24, 2008

Do You Zumba? It's fast fitness!

When we had Zumba people in the audience for a show taping recently, I jokingly called them "Zumba Freaks". Turns out I was mocking what I didn't understand...now I'm a Zumba Freak! It's addictive!
Zumba is an aerobic form of exercise that uses Latin music and dance moves. It's high energy, it's definitely a workout (people in my classes who wear calorie monitors burn between 600 and 800 calories in one one hour class!)... but I love it most for the stress relief!
If you're looking for a fun way to get fit fast, give it a try. I go to classes with Maria at Club One, (You can see a class on our show this Sunday at 11. Watch a clip here). Connie at
Keystone Health Club, and Dani at Latin RhythmZ. Zumba's creator, Beto, will be in Pittsburgh to host a Master Class this summer. I will have the opportunity to introduce him and to interview him (watch for clips here). In the meantime though, we took a road trip to a studio in Wintersville Ohio to see Beto in action. Watch the clip below to see what it's all about and to hear a special hello from Beto. Please try to ignore the finger wiping the camera lens from time to time---the studio was steamy!



I went to Connie's early Zumba class this morning...such a great way to start the day...and before she ran off to do a Zumba demonstration at the Monroeville Expo Mart, I asked her some questions I though you might want to hear the answers to. Watch!
j.

No comments: